Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Netflix Binges

I am Sara, and I am a Netflix binger.



My husband and I are are so bad about watching new TV shows on Netflix. Whenever we have spare time we are watching our new favorite show on Netflix. Currently we have been watching NCIS, and with this past long weekend, we got a lot of watching in! We love to sit back and not have to think about anything. With school and work taking up so much time and draining us of energy, we end up sitting back and zoning out during our free time with Netflix. 

Even though I love it during the moment, after binge watching TV I feel really empty and not productive with my life. The content of the show isn't bad, but I would say that it is bad due to the amount that was watched in a short time.

So I have decided to limit my intake. I am going to try to watch only 1 or 2 shows a day. I am hoping that this will allow me more time during my week to do more important things. I will follow up next week with the results! 

5 comments:

  1. My husband and I are the same way! We can sit down for hours and watch Netflix...it is such a problem! I totally feel like I have wasted my day once we're done. I need to try to limit my media intake as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to stop watching Netflix once you get hooked on a show. But that is a good idea to set a limit to only one or two shows a day so you are not wasting the entire day watching Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also often a victim of Netflix binging... In fact, that was pretty much all I did yesterday haha. I admire your goal of watching one or two episodes a day and I think I'm going to try to do that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so easy to waste time binge watching shows! Sometimes, every once in awhile, I think it's a great way to wind down and relax, but definitely something that should be done in moderation. Crazy to think about how much media really is available with the click of a button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ADDICTED to Netflix. I seriously have a problem. I have so many other things that I can be doing but I just have to watch that TV show even if I've already seen the whole series before. It's just relaxing and fun to get caught up in the drama of someone else's life. I watch right before I go to bed when I should be reading a book or doing something else. I've also found that I watch a lot of shows that I would never watch if they weren't on Netflix. But since they are so readily available, I watch them! I hope that your goal can become a reality. I really need to set one for myself!

    ReplyDelete