Thursday, February 11, 2016

Lift

I have been racking my brain all week to figure out what to post about this week, which you wouldn't think would be so hard considering I'm surrounded by media. After thinking for a while, I remembered a mormon message that I watched for a class last semester. I felt prompted to re-watch it and share it on this blog.

It is a message about service, and what it means to serve someone. It shows no only how service impacts those who receive it, but those that give it. This video made me think of the scripture Mosiah 2:17 :

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

When we are serving others, we are serving our Heavenly Father. We are here on this Earth to do the Lord's will. We are here to be His hands and help His children who are in need. I am grateful for this video and the reminder it gives me of how important it is to serve our brothers and sisters.




1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed watching that video. During the video it said that "service heals us", and when I really stopped to think about this I realized just how powerful that is. It always seems like the things that are the most burden on us, turn out to be some of the most valuable experiences, and we are blessed in ways that we couldn't have imagined.

    ReplyDelete