Thursday, February 25, 2016

Violence in Vampire Diaries and The Originals

I am a Vampire Diaries Fan, so I thought I would try out watching The Originals, a spin off series. I would definitely say that Vampire Diaries is violent, but having not seen it for a while, especially not since we covered violence in our media class, I don't think I understood the depth of how violent it really was.

I just started to watch The Originals this week, which I would say is very similar to Vampire Diaries, and I was very surprised how violent it really is! I have only watched 4 episodes and I have seen numerous murders, and of lot of violence between characters.

Granted it is a TV show about vampires, so these things should be expected. However, I am really glad that I am more aware of the violence and that I am more of an active watcher. Becoming an active watcher has helped me become not as desensitized to violence as I used to be.





4 comments:

  1. I haven't watched Vampire Diaries in years but thinking back I'm sure I would be shocked by the violence too! I like your point about being an active watcher. That is such an important skill for us individually and for our future families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched Vampire Diaries in years but thinking back I'm sure I would be shocked by the violence too! I like your point about being an active watcher. That is such an important skill for us individually and for our future families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never made it past the first few episodes of Vampire Diaries, but as an avid crime drama fan, I understand the concept of being aware of violence. I've actually made the choice to drop a few of my shows because of this class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen all of Vampire Diaries, and I remembering noticing the violence when I got back from my mission and started getting into it again, though some episodes are definitely worse than others. I've never seen the Originals, but I would imagine it probably being even more violent than VD.

    ReplyDelete