Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Redbox Adventures

Over this weekend I convinced my husband to get a Redbox, whoohoo! Since we have Netflix, he doesn't think we should rent movies because we have tons of options on Netflix...Which I mean it does, but it doesn't have many new movies. So I got him to splurge and get a Redbox with me. :)

I picked out The Scorch Trials. 


I picked this out because we had watched the first movie about a year ago, and we liked it, so we should like the sequel right? 

So with no background knowledge of what it is about, we rented it. Then we find out, it is pretty much a zombie movie...

At first I thought no big deal, but as the night went on, I realized my husband and I were really sensitive to this zombie thing.

I grew up watching scary stuff and being exposed to this type of stuff in the media. However, the last four years I mostly cut out scary movies from my life and definitely haven't watched or been a part of this zombie phase that has come about. There is zombie phase right now, right? Like Walking Dead and Warm Bodies? Well at least I think there is, haha, if not I am way out of the loop! 

Back to my point, I was really surprised by the feelings I had when watching this. I was definitely senstive to the concept and it made me feel uncomfortable. That being said, I learned my lesson and I will start looking up movies before I rent them blindly! 






4 comments:

  1. My husband and I always use the Internet Movie Database (imdb.com) to decide if we want to watch a movie. They have almost every movie and the content advisory for parents is usually really informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not good with scary movies either, and I've been trying to watch more media that makes me happy! But it's amazing to me how much access we have to so many movies. Redbox, Netfix, etc… there is so much media right at our fingertips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same experience with this movie! My friends and I went to it and I was rattled for days. I still sometimes have random clips from the movie come to mind and am disturbed, and I can't stand it. Of course it's generally the same with all of these violent, youth, apocalyptic movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never know what you are going to get when you rent a movie. I have made the same mistake as you, where I fail to look up anything about the movie and then am surprised by what I'm watching. I love imdb as well for looking up movies. The parental guide tells you if there is anything language, sexual content or horror in the movie. Super helpful!

    ReplyDelete