Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Cell Phone Over the Years

I find it very interesting to reflect on what my cell phone is to me now compared to when I was in high school. 

In high school, my phone was really important in terms of being social. I would always be calling or texting. It helped me stay in the loop and close to my best friends. 

Now days, my cell phone is more about a means to an end in terms of communication. I don't text or call people often, perhaps only if I am texting to find out where my husband is, or calling to catch up with my family, since I moved far away from home. I now use it more for other things like the Internet, apps, or directions for when I am traveling. 

As my priorities changed, so did my cell phone habits. I would definitely say that I am not as attached to my cell phone as I was in high school. However, I would say that my cell phone is more interwoven into my life. 

My cell phone has interwoven into my life in two main ways. The first being, it is one of the primary ways I communicate with my family, and second, that it holds apps that I use daily like my Alarm, Mint, Fitbit, Email, and Google Calendar. 

Even though I don't feel anxious if I am not on my cell phone, I would say I would feel lost if I didn't have it. After reflection, I am surprised how dependent I have become to my cell phone, since I thought I had become more independent of it. It's crazy to think how my cell phone habits have evolved and how it continues to be an important part of my life. 



4 comments:

  1. My cell phone use has definitely changed throughout the years. When I was in high school I texted ALL the time! It was definitely a problem. Now I rarely text and I only really use it to text my husband randomly throughout the day or to call my family or Facetime. But my phone is still such a big part of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I think about how I can't leave my house for like 5 minutes without my phone because what if something happened and I needed my phone :) It's interesting how in one device we can fit in our pocket, we have the internet, a map, games, social media, and the ability to check our email and call people. Technology is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely still text a lot, but I agree that my phone has become a bigger part of my life. I usually feel weird going anywhere without it in case some one is trying to reach me or I get lost, but sometimes it's nice to CHOOSE to leave it behind for awhile, especially when I'm with my boyfriend or whoever I would be texting anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! I rarely use my phone for social communication or chit chat anymore. I definitely use it for the app side of things. It's interesting how you feel independent of it, yet it can still be so interwoven in your life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete